Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Patches

I got this idea on Sunday night. I chained 16 then single crocheted in each stitch across chain one 1 turn (15 stitches)
I continued single crocheting until I got tired of the color then added a new one. I did this until I had 132 rows of single crochet. You can make one as long as you'd like. This one is about 5x5. I used a USA Susan Bates 'K' hook.
After I made 7 strips I then held two strips together and single crocheting through both pieces made 1 single crochet, chain 1, skip 1 row, 1 single crochet in next row down the sides. I did this with each piece. So it looks hand sewed on one side and different on the other. I then did a 1sc, ch1, skip 1 all around the edge making sure to put 3 single crochet stitches in each end. To complete the lapghan I did two rows of half double crochet all around. Hope you all like this one. It was fun creating it.


side 1

side 2

close up shots

3 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Love this!! And the way you put the strips together is very cool, too. Great job!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Umme Yusuf said...

Very colorful and nice.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Umme Yusuf said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home